Friday, January 11, 2013

Badomics word of the year? Nutrimetabonomics

So I guess a thank you is owed to Joseph McPhee for this tweet:
The link in the tweet is to this paper.

Nutrimetabonomics: Applications for Nutritional Sciences, with Specific Reference to Gut Microbial Interactions - Annual Review of Food Science and Technology, 4(1):

Wow. Nutrimetabonomics.  In a paper.  And amazingly they had a conference on this too. 11th-13th April 2012- First Nutrimetabonomics Workshop to consider ...  I do not even know what to say.  This is NOT a good omics word.  It is definitely a bad bad bad omics word.  A very bad one (note - the field might be interesting .. the word however is bad).

For more on #Badomics words see

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most recent post

My Ode to Yolo Bypass

Gave my 1st ever talk about Yolo Bypass and my 1st ever talk about Nature Photography. Here it is ...